Authentic Travel and Tours is excited to offer a new trip to Ireland in Autumn 2019, with future trips in 2020 being planned.
Authentic Travel and Tours Connemara Connections Ireland, Autumn 2019
Join us for a small group trip to the region of Connemara, on the wild west coast of Ireland. The trip will include history, hikes, art and archaeology as we explore hidden places, walk with local guides, and experience an in-depth look at a spectacular place. Bordered by the Atlantic Ocean to the west, the inland areas are graced with the 12 Bens mountains, numerous loughs, green pastures and lively towns. There is a rich history in the region, which we will discover with local guides. Highlights will be:
- Exploring the landscape of Connemara: beaches, seascapes, mountain vistas, gardens
- Learning about ancient pilgrimage routes, some of which are now part of the “Irish Camino”, and hold centuries of stories from medieval pilgrimages, and walking a bit on some of them
- Discovering the past through visits to archaeological sites, famine villages, and holy wells
- Learning about the vibrant city of Galway through a locally guided walking tour, visiting galleries and artists, and seeing some of the major historical sites, and of course, sampling seafood!
- Visiting some of the grand old estates and their gardens, and having lunch in a castle!
- Exploring the landscape of the Burren, just south of Galway, with a local expert guide, and visiting some of the interesting historical sites, all interwoven with stories of the place
- Meeting with local artists: weavers, felt makers, basket makers, painters, jewelers…
The trip will take place in mid to late September 2019, exact dates to be announced soon. Watch our website www.authentictravelandtours.com or like the Facebook page Authentic Travel and Tours for updates!
Thank you for your interest!