Spaces are filling up for this amazing and unique tour next September! If you enjoy learning about the artists, archaeology, history and culture in Ireland look at the details of what will be offered. Local guides, living history talks, visits to hidden sites, meeting artists….the list goes on. Delicious food, traditional music and camaraderie are also a big part of our travels!! Check it out here, and please join us!
Author Archives: joanslack
Authentic Travel and Tours is excited to offer a new trip to Ireland in Autumn 2019, with future trips in 2020 being planned.
Authentic Travel and Tours Connemara Connections Ireland, Autumn 2019
Join us for a small group trip to the region of Connemara, on the wild west coast of Ireland. The trip will include history, hikes, art and archaeology as we explore hidden places, walk with local guides, and experience an in-depth look at a spectacular place. Bordered by the Atlantic Ocean to the west, the inland areas are graced with the 12 Bens mountains, numerous loughs, green pastures and lively towns. There is a rich history in the region, which we will discover with local guides. Highlights will be:
- Exploring the landscape of Connemara: beaches, seascapes, mountain vistas, gardens
- Learning about ancient pilgrimage routes, some of which are now part of the “Irish Camino”, and hold centuries of stories from medieval pilgrimages, and walking a bit on some of them
- Discovering the past through visits to archaeological sites, famine villages, and holy wells
- Learning about the vibrant city of Galway through a locally guided walking tour, visiting galleries and artists, and seeing some of the major historical sites, and of course, sampling seafood!
- Visiting some of the grand old estates and their gardens, and having lunch in a castle!
- Exploring the landscape of the Burren, just south of Galway, with a local expert guide, and visiting some of the interesting historical sites, all interwoven with stories of the place
- Meeting with local artists: weavers, felt makers, basket makers, painters, jewelers…
The trip will take place in mid to late September 2019, exact dates to be announced soon. Watch our website www.authentictravelandtours.com or like the Facebook page Authentic Travel and Tours for updates!
Thank you for your interest!
I am in Ireland enjoying a range of activities- from meeting people for our September tour and workshop, absorbing the mountains and green fields, to doing some eco-printing with Nicola Brown who will be our workshop leader. Nicola just brought back a fantastic new pot for boiling the bundles from France, and we fired it up for the first time! On our tour we will be immersed in Irish culture, while exploring eco-printing with native vegetation and learning from Nicola’s wealth of experience. We will also visit a local woolen mill, with gorgeous handwoven items, as well as a unique sheep farm, with stops at the studios of local artists. Beautiful Kilgraney House will be our home away from home, with delicious locally sourced food and luxury surroundings. Read all the details here: fiber-art-and-ecoprinting-tour-2017