Authentic Travel and Tours is excited to offer a new trip to Ireland in Autumn 2019, with future trips in 2020 being planned.
Authentic Travel and Tours Connemara Connections Ireland, Autumn 2019
Join us for a small group trip to the region of Connemara, on the wild west coast of Ireland. The trip will include history, hikes, art and archaeology as we explore hidden places, walk with local guides, and experience an in-depth look at a spectacular place. Bordered by the Atlantic Ocean to the west, the inland areas are graced with the 12 Bens mountains, numerous loughs, green pastures and lively towns. There is a rich history in the region, which we will discover with local guides. Highlights will be:
- Exploring the landscape of Connemara: beaches, seascapes, mountain vistas, gardens
- Learning about ancient pilgrimage routes, some of which are now part of the “Irish Camino”, and hold centuries of stories from medieval pilgrimages, and walking a bit on some of them
- Discovering the past through visits to archaeological sites, famine villages, and holy wells
- Learning about the vibrant city of Galway through a locally guided walking tour, visiting galleries and artists, and seeing some of the major historical sites, and of course, sampling seafood!
- Visiting some of the grand old estates and their gardens, and having lunch in a castle!
- Exploring the landscape of the Burren, just south of Galway, with a local expert guide, and visiting some of the interesting historical sites, all interwoven with stories of the place
- Meeting with local artists: weavers, felt makers, basket makers, painters, jewelers…
The trip will take place in mid to late September 2019, exact dates to be announced soon. Watch our website www.authentictravelandtours.com or like the Facebook page Authentic Travel and Tours for updates!
Thank you for your interest!
Categories: Eco printing workshop, Fiber art tours, Ireland, Riverrun Pottery and Fiber Art Studio
Tags: art making workshops in Ireland, eco printing workshop in Ireland, eco printing workshops, felt and eco printing, feltmaking tours, fiber art tours, Irish travel, Nicola Brown workshop, small group tours
Fiber Art in Ireland with Nicola Brown :The Art of Eco Printing September 10-16, 2017
Join us for an Irish experience and art retreat with textile artist Nicola Brown in County Carlow, Ireland! An accomplished felt maker, Nicola has also researched and developed a beautiful line of “eco printed” textiles and clothing, using natural materials from the hedgerow, kitchen, gardens and woods surrounding her home. Once gathered, this vegetation is bundled in silk, wool or handmade felt and processed in well water to extract beautiful colour and prints. Participants will discover techniques, tips and processing methods, and can expect to create a variety of pieces during the week. This workshop is for anyone interested in learning the methods Nicola uses to achieve consistent and substantive prints on protein based fabric using a selection of local or easy to find natural vegetation (while enjoying the Irish countryside, food and culture!). These prints will be achieved in a simple and environmentally friendly way. Nicola is a renowned teacher, and has taught extensively on several continents. To learn more about her, and to see her at work, click on this video link: http://www.nicolabrown.ie/the-studio
Learn more about Nicola, read her blog, and view her artwork at http://www.nicolabrown.ie Expect an amazing workshop! There is also an “add-on” tour available in and near Dublin following the workshop.
See the full brochure here: fiber-art-and-ecoprinting-tour-2017
Contact your tour leader Joan Slack at email@example.com with questions …we hope you can join us! Space is limited to 8 people so sign up soon!
Categories: Fiber art tours, Ireland
Tags: ancient Ireland tours, art of eco-printing, artist led tour to Ireland, artist led tours, eco printing workshop in Ireland, eco printing workshop with Nicola Brown, feltmaking tours, feltmaking workshop, Feltmaking workshop in Ireland, fiber, fiber art classes with Joan Slack, fiber art in Ireland workshop, fiber art tours, fiber art tours and workshops in Ireland, guided tours in Dublin, hands-on fiber art tour in Ireland, Irish fiber art workshop, Nicola Brown workshop, scholar led tours in Ireland, trip to Ireland, workshops with Joan Slack