Spaces are filling up for this amazing and unique tour next September! If you enjoy learning about the artists, archaeology, history and culture in Ireland look at the details of what will be offered. Local guides, living history talks, visits to hidden sites, meeting artists….the list goes on. Delicious food, traditional music and camaraderie are also a big part of our travels!! Check it out here, and please join us!
Authentic Travel and Tours is excited to offer a new trip to Ireland in Autumn 2019, with future trips in 2020 being planned.
Authentic Travel and Tours Connemara Connections Ireland, Autumn 2019
Join us for a small group trip to the region of Connemara, on the wild west coast of Ireland. The trip will include history, hikes, art and archaeology as we explore hidden places, walk with local guides, and experience an in-depth look at a spectacular place. Bordered by the Atlantic Ocean to the west, the inland areas are graced with the 12 Bens mountains, numerous loughs, green pastures and lively towns. There is a rich history in the region, which we will discover with local guides. Highlights will be:
- Exploring the landscape of Connemara: beaches, seascapes, mountain vistas, gardens
- Learning about ancient pilgrimage routes, some of which are now part of the “Irish Camino”, and hold centuries of stories from medieval pilgrimages, and walking a bit on some of them
- Discovering the past through visits to archaeological sites, famine villages, and holy wells
- Learning about the vibrant city of Galway through a locally guided walking tour, visiting galleries and artists, and seeing some of the major historical sites, and of course, sampling seafood!
- Visiting some of the grand old estates and their gardens, and having lunch in a castle!
- Exploring the landscape of the Burren, just south of Galway, with a local expert guide, and visiting some of the interesting historical sites, all interwoven with stories of the place
- Meeting with local artists: weavers, felt makers, basket makers, painters, jewelers…
The trip will take place in mid to late September 2019, exact dates to be announced soon. Watch our website www.authentictravelandtours.com or like the Facebook page Authentic Travel and Tours for updates!
Thank you for your interest!
It’s always good to hear what those who have been on our tours have to say…and if you are considering signing up for an upcoming tour, please feel free to contact us and we can put you in touch with those who have been participants.
Here are a few of the comments people have made:
“My travel experience with Joan leading the group was above and beyond my expectation. Joan’s research into so many areas of interest about the sites and folklore made the trip stimulating and insightful without being overloaded. She is a seasoned guide with great “in country” connections and a sincere love of the land she travels. I highly recommend Joan Slack as a tour guide. You will have a wonderful, memorable time. I did.” J.H.
“Joan organizes her trips like she creates her art: beautiful, practical, and full of meaning. I’d never been on a group trip before. Joan’s voyage to Orkney in Scotland was a joy, every day. It’s one of the very best adventures of my life.” C. P.
“If you want dependability combined with unique experiences, attention to details and wonderful connections, this is a great tour to take. Each day has been planned for a balance of activities, a good pace and plenty of enjoyment. Joan’s background and knowledge really makes for a deeper understanding of everything we see.” K.M.W.
“If you have never been on a small group tour, go with Joan. If you have been with someone else, go again with Joan. Her planning, arrangements, and site selections are perfect! You will meet warm, friendly and local people from all walks of life with talents to share. I still have a Bridget’s Cross, made by Joe from our trip, hanging by my door. Happy travels!” A.H.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions about our tours!! e-mail email@example.com or call 715-277-2773